The regional director is a relevant professional figure in the field of international cooperation and has great responsibilities and tasks as:
- Management of assigned regions, including programme/project delivery and quality, financing and recruitment.
- Delivery of country programmes in accordance with the country strategies, annual plans, donor contracts, agreements with national authorities and overall strategy, ensuring projects and activities are developed and implemented in line with the organizational mandate.
- Management of the advisors and country directors within the allocated geographical portfolio.
- Contribute towards development of the global strategy and global action plans, the successful implementation and timely/accurate reporting.
- Develop the department’s overall strategic direction, including thematic priorities, geographical focus and choice of country programmes.
- Support fundraising initiatives and monitoring and evaluation processes. Contribute to timely reporting of project activities, expenses, and impacts. Ensure organizational resources are allocated appropriately.
The Master in Cooperation and Development at Pavia’s University offers an higher education with a multidisciplinary approach teaching subjects like economics, project management and finance, but it also gives the opportunity to do an internship up to 6 months, working on the field.
For further information visit the page